Workshop aimed at supporting young people 13-25 who are seeking to develop a new skill online during this time of COVID-19 and post COVID-19
The aim of the project was to run a short online workshop where young people would be able to explore #GetIntoEventsPlanning and learn some valuable skills and knowledge to either upskill themselves in this field or possibly start exploring this field as a career or hobbies/interest after the workshop.
By taking part:
- Participants were able to develop an understanding of the events industry, including different events and roles.
- Participants gained core knowledge, skills and tools to plan or manage an event.
- Participants learnt how to understand and use an event planning checklist to manage an event.
- Participants were motivated and encouraged to take the lead on their creative event ideas.
- Participants built a sense of purpose, raise self-esteem and confidence via participating in the workshop online.
10 young people attended the 3-hour zoom session. The whole workshop was a success from the information shared to the participants, to the activities which allowed participants to get involved and them hearing/interacting with a guest speaker from the events industry.
The Young Leader is planning to develop this project into a training course and deliver 4 weekly sessions as part of Dipped in Creativity Events.
Become a Young Leader or Young Ambassador
Are you aged 11-25 and living in London? Want to run activities for other young people in your area? Want to support your friends and community and make a positive difference? Contact us today and you could secure up to £500 funding to make your idea a reality.
About the Project
Peabody is funding 11-25 year olds to develop their own projects, trips and events for other young people in their local area.